Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Collaborative Book Piece


Title: Physical, Mental and Emotional Fatigue.
By: Leo Castro

In my piece, I wanted to represent a re-occurring nightmare that I have had. In this nightmare, I am constantly being haunted. I fear for my life and am in a state of trance, where everything is out of my control and being taken away from me. In the composition, I use symbols to represent the fatigue of all three aspects of my life in both realms. I am being battered in this nightmare with physical, mental and emotional distress hence the name for the piece. Lastly, I wanted to represent these elements with a sketchy look to it. Consequently, I drew every symbol and just pulled the background texture from a wall in my backyard. As a result, The finished image represents the disturbing darkness and tension of my nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment